Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sister Sadie Reporting...

Hi everyone!

It's me, Sadie!



The Sadie Mae Gibble you've all been hearing about.

My sister, Morgan, told me all about her blog and how she updates you on all the cool stuff our family is doing each month. Unfortunately, it sounds like she and my Mom have been slacking on the monthly reports. Like, for a whole year. Obviously, I need to start getting involved. Especially now that I'm becoming such a big girl!

Let's start at the beginning. I was born on September 3, 2014 at 5:24 a.m. I was 10 pounds, 6 ounces and 21 inches long. My head was 14.5 inches around.

As I understand it, that made me one pretty big baby. My Mom had a little trouble getting me out, but she says I am totally worth it. I mean, look at this face - of course I am!






So, let me tell you the whole story. When I still didn't come out a week after my due date, the doctor told my Mom to go to the hospital to get induced. So, my parents went out to celebrate their third wedding anniversary, then drove to the hospital. But, when they arrived, the doctors decided it was likely that I would make an appearance very soon, on my own time, and sent everyone home.

Only two hours (and one very Nascar-like car ride) later, my parents were back, because I made it perfectly clear that I was ready to come out. This is the last picture of my Mom with me inside her belly.  This picture was taken during the first trip to the hospital. By the time they came back for round two, my Mom was NOT smiling.


After 6 more hours of labor and pushing, I finally popped out (like, literally flew out. Ask my Mom and Dad - it's a good story.). Here I am just seconds after I made my entrance!


The doctor and nurses all took bets about what I must weigh, but no one guessed I was almost ten and a half pounds! My Mom doesn't even know how I fit in her belly (or, frankly, how she even got me out). 


Once I calmed down a little bit, we were able to get a new family photo.


And then I got the best news of my life (like all 5 minutes of it) -- I have a BIG SISTER! Well, you guys know her, of course. Her name is Morgan Rose. And she is the BEST! Here's a picture of us when we first met.


My sister, Morgan, helps me with everything. She comes in every morning and when I wake up from naps to say hello and give me hugs and kisses. She makes sure I always have a paci. She shares her toys with me, even though I'm still a little too small to play with them. My Mom said she practiced with her baby dolls before I was born, so she'd be ready to help when I arrived. And all that hard work paid off, because she's the greatest big sister ever.









Over the past several weeks, I have done a lot of growing!

I forget how much I weighed when I left the hospital, but it was just under 10 pounds. When I went to the doctor for my 3 day check up (which was actually 5 days), I weighed 10 pounds even, was 22 inches long (I grew an inch!) and my head was the same at 14.5 inches around.


Guys, it was cold!


Here I am on my one month birthday!


At my one month visit (I was 5 weeks), I weighed 11 pounds, 8 ounces. I was 23.25 inches long and my head grew two inches to 16.5 inches around.



Most recently, on my 2 month visit (at which I was 10 weeks old), I weighed in at a whopping 14 pounds, 7 ounces! Right? 

I was 24.75 inches long and my head is still 16.5 inches around. 
Here I am on my second month birthday!


I go back again for a four month check up in January. But, I am a healthy baby!

I sleep through the night most nights, though I'm not in my actual crib yet. I smile all the time. I've rolled over from my belly to my back a few times. I enjoy tummy time and am starting to hold on to toys. I don't like my bumbo chair that much, but I do like sitting up. I really like my play mat. 

I got to dress up for my first Halloween and go trick-or-treating with my sister. 





And guess what? Nana named a store after me! I get the whole second floor of Miss Morgan's Milkweed Antiques. It's called Sister Sadie Second Floor Market. How cool is that?



This week, I started going to school with my sister! I'm in the infant room downstairs, while my sister is upstairs in the toddler room. She's very, very busy learning big kid stuff and playing with her friends, so I don't see her much during the day. But we get to spend some time together in the afternoon while we wait for Daddy to come get us. 

This is me and my sister on my first day of school!



During these past (almost) three months, I've met a lot of new people. It's easy to see how blessed I am already - there are soooo many people who love me so very much!

I'm really excited about my first Thanksgiving and Fall Frolic this week - and then Christmas! More updates from me and Morgan will be coming your way!

So far, life has been a blast! 

XOXO, 
Sadie


No comments:

Post a Comment